Friday, January 20, 2012

Yusuf Anthony - Thailand

Today my prayer beads broke..
The piece of string that had been holding them together had been wearing thin, I knew it would happen sooner or later. So I was cautious every time I picked them up, in hope that I wouldn't have to see all 99 spill to the floor, but this morning when I least expected, I forgot. I picked them up, I felt the string snap and heard beads hit the floor. I managed to catch the string before all of them fell, but  five had escaped my grasp, I found four right away though the fifth was in sight but out of reach.

As I stared at that fifth bead wishing I could somehow get to it, I thought to myself that We all know that our time is limited, that our string is wearing thin, and that when we least expect it, Allah will surely take us.

This is what comes to mind:


"Take benefit of five before five:

your youth before your old age,
your health before your sickness,
your wealth before your poverty,
your free-time before your preoccupation, and
your life before your death."

-Prophet Muhammad, Peace and Blessings be upon Him.


We should try and take advantage of, and benefit from these five, before any one of them is out of our reach.

Alhamduillahi Rabbil Alameen.
Assalamu Alaikum.
AHL.

No comments:

Post a Comment