Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Naomi Mu'minah - England, UK

About two years ago a close friend of mine showed me the beautiful Adhan. Upon hearing this, I choked up and started crying uncontrollably. I felt as though I had known this call to prayer all my life and it touched my heart so much so that a part that had always been missing had been filled. From that moment on I knew that Islam was the truth and I studied Islam for around a year and a half, most nights staying up until 5 in the morning because I got so addicted to seeking knowledge. SubhanAllah I would read and read until my eyes were sore, but I had to hide this from my family as they were against Islam because of the huge thing about the media and Muslims being 'terrorists.' I couldn't keep it in anymore and I had to tell my mum that I was looking into islam and I feel like it's right for me. I did this around Christmas time last year, and slowly I started making steps towards taking my shahadah. My mum told me I wasn't allowed to do anything until I was 18, but I would wear hijab when I went out and take it off behind my house before I came home. When I turned 18 I showed my mum I'm wearing hijab and I was still cautious about taking my shahadah because I didn't know if I was ready but Allahu akbar, I had a dream in which I said the shahadah to myself in arabic (even though at the time I didn't know the shahadah in Arabic to say but I recognised it). SubhanAllah I knew from then I needed to take my shahadah. About a month later I went to a beautiful masjid in London and took my shahadah. It was the best day of my life. The room was full of sisters crying and hugging me. I couldn't hold back the tears. That day my love for Allah subhana wa ta'ala grew so big. I was totally in love, and I still am. I took my shahdah the Friday before Ramadan this year. Last week I was allowed to enter my home wearing hijab for the first time and I got to go to my grandparents house wearing it infront of all my family. I was so happy I cried again! Alhamdulillah I'm so blessed. Insha'Allah my family come to the deen. Please if you read this make dua for me and my family, insha'Allah. AHL.

No comments:

Post a Comment