Saturday, November 5, 2011

A. Mo - USA

Last month, I was scheduled to attend an annual scientific conference in which I was presenting research results of my study. All of a sudden, I couldn't find funding for my trip! The total cost with flight, hotel, and conference registration was nearly $2,000 and as a student on a budget, that was way too much. AHL I was able to convince the student government to give me $300, and I was content with that; I would just have to suck it up and pay the rest. Subhanallah, I somehow got a 60% discount on my flight, and when I arrived to Las Vegas, I found out that one of my professors would be able to pay for the room afterall from a grant he had received. So, it all worked out in the end and I didn't have to drive myself into debt for the sake of sharing knowledge with the scientific community :) AHL

No comments:

Post a Comment