Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Hopeful Sister - USA

Not too long ago, my marriage of of several years crumbled to pieces.  While my heart knew divorce was the answer, it also knew that I didn't want to spend the rest of my life alone.  With everyone telling me that no one would ever marry a divorced Muslim woman (especially one with a child), divorce seemed like a bleak option.  They also told me that in the off chance I did get married, my new husband would be awful to my son.  And finally, as a full-time mother and new entrepreneur just beginning her career with minimal and inconsistent income, they said there was no way I could financially support myself or my child without my husband.  It seemed like a lose-lose situation, each choice with dire consequences.  After a year and a half of praying to Allah (swt) to guide me to the best decision for my son, myself, and his father in this life and the next, I finally decided to move on with a divorce.  Soon after, I met and began communicating with a brother through a Muslim matrimonial website.  He turned out to be an amazing person, an amazing father, and best of all, an amazing Muslim--all in one!  Shortly after that, I was hired for a full-time dream job perfectly aligning with my career goals and doing what I absolutely love.  I recently had my katb kitab (Islamic marriage contract) with the brother I met online, and we are, insha'Allah, planning to move in with each other sometime next year.  I know he will make me happy, keep me on track with my deen, and help me raise a healthy Muslim family in His service insha'Allah.  While my life is still far from perfect and still has its ups and downs, I am, for the first time in my life, hopeful of what the future holds.  Whenever things seem like they can't get any worse, I remind myself to put my trust in Allah (swt), to remember the following Quranic verses/hadith, and to say ALHAMDULILLAH!

"Indeed, with every hardship will come ease." (Qur’an 94:5)

"Allah does not place on any soul a burden greater than it can bear." (Qur'an 2:286)

"Whenever a believer is afflicted with a hardship, sickness, sadness, worry, harm, or depression, even the prick of a thorn, Allah expiates his sins because of it, as a tree sheds its leaves." (Sahih Bukhari)

AHL.

1 comment:

  1. Mashallah sister may Allah grant you and the brother love and peace in your new family. An AHL moment indeed!

    ReplyDelete